We are not aware, but there are millions of small things which we can indulge in our daily life and lead a healthy lifestyle. These changes are very small and you might have heard the quote “one small change can make a huge difference”. Well, here are few things to remind you how to lead a healthy lifestyle?
Fuel your body
Everyday your body needs fuel to stay longer and healthier. Now there are two types of food one that is good for health and another that is bad for your health. Bad food will still give you energy, but illness as well. Here are few suggestions
- Eat six to eleven servings of cereal, rice and pasta
- Eat fresh vegetables like cabbage, carrots, broccoli, tomatoes and peas.
- Eat fruits like peaches, apples, bananas, fruit juice and mangoes as well.
- Eat 2-3 servings of beans, eggs, fish, protein and nuts.
- Cut down fatty foods, liquor, oil, butter, candy and chips.
A healthy mind is a great body
- When your mind is in a good state, then you are able to take good decisions about your health, relationships and profession, which lead to a successful life. Here are few things that you can do for a healthy mind
- First of all you must keep yourself away from stress. There are many ways to do this such as listening music, staying happy, play with pets and kids, spend times doing your favorite things, which relaxes your mind.
- Take out time for fun because there is nothing better than having fun in your life, which you get from travelling, night out with friends, reading books. You must be doing fun every day. Enjoy everything you do and try to do it in a fun way. Also involve others because it will increase the fun level.
- For a healthy mind it is extremely important that you have sound sleep. Little sleep means brain fog, lack of concentration, mood swings, tiredness etc. these things can change into big disasters because if you have not slept well, then this tiredness can cause car accident or problems in your job. Take 8 hours sleep at night and few minutes’ power nap as well. All the renowned personalities like Einstein used to love sneaking in some zzzz.
- If you are depressed then you must be taking help immediately. Talk to the person you feel happy to talk to and you know you are going to get help from them.
Keep your body active
- You must be keeping your body totally active by indulging in some physical activities. After that you are going to enjoy benefits like
- Your body will be more flexible and stronger
- You will live a longer life
- Build stronger bones and also fight osteoporosis
- It will avoid depression
- It strengthens your immune system
- It maintains your body weight
It is going to be great that you take at least half an hour time three times in week to do exercise. Any amount of physical activity is better than doing nothing. You can walk in your back yard, swimming, jogging and walk with friend.
These are the ways by which you are going to lead a healthy lifestyle. Also make sure that you are also staying away from drugs and alcohol as there is going to be drastic change in your life.